Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm having a very nice Thanksgiving holiday and hope you are too! I've had all week to cook so today all I have to do is bake one last pie, bake bread, and make the gravy. Last year I got distracted in the final gravy-making hour and it boiled over and was ruined. I spent hours yesterday on this wreath and just had the most wonderful time. It might be my favorite floral work I have ever done. 
The pumpkin pies are always the last thing I cook Wednesday night before I go to bed. Usually they go in at 3 or even 4 am. Last night then went in at 12am on the dot. 
Very different florals for me. As you've probably noticed I often stick with a monochromatic color scheme. But I was feeling the red and yellow vibe and went with it. These arrangements remind me of my Aunt Patti. She loved these colors together. Miss you Patti.
I'll update again soon. Hope you all have a lovely holiday! And wish me luck with the gravy! 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving and hope you had good luck with the gravy. I'm sure it was a hit, along with those pumpkin pies. Have you ever made pumpkin cheesecake? My family won't let me make "ordinary" pumpkin pies any more! It's pumpkin cheesecake or bust!

    Gorgeous wreath and centerpiece! Hope you have a nice long weekend with friends and family! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had a lovely holiday. Yes I have made a pumpkin cheesecake...I agree...soooooo good! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving stranger! Nice of you to make an appearance today. You are so talented!!!! Love the wreath and flower arrangement, not to mention your perfect pumpkin pie. I'll bet the rest of the menu was off the charts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Your feast looked fabulous!

      Delete
  3. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! I am envious of your perfect pie crusts..they look absolutely professional! And the wreath is gorgeous, too.
    This is the first year I've actually made enough gravy; when it's good it sure does go quickly! Hope yours turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha my theory on pie crusts is the culinary gods test your patience and devotion to the cause by inexplicably destroying at least 50 pie crusts and then you'll never destroy another again. Hope your holiday was fabulous and I hope your foot is better!

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Your pies are beautiful! So are your flowers. That wreath is amazing!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely!

      Delete
  5. oh dearest Stephen!
    i'm thinking there is NOTHING you can't do!
    what an odd sentence. not sure it means what I want it to. I mean . . .
    YOU DO EVERYTHING WELL !!!! AND BEAUTIFULLY!
    yes. apparently i'm yelling here. LOL.
    I love your site. I only wish you had more time to share your gorgeous life with us. it's uplifting in the extreme.
    have a wonderful weekend. I think your thanksgiving was no doubt lovely! and of course delicious. :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you SOOO much! That is so sweet of you. I assure you there are countless things at which I fail miserably. That list is headed by math and parallel parking. I hope you're feeling well and enjoying the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete